Tuesday, January 22, 2013

WBJ Exclusive: Driver charged with Chelsea Traynor's death ran red light

"I can tell you without a doubt that the truck ran the red light. It was a big 4x4 type pickup doing maybe 50mph."  That is what an eyewitness told WalkBikeJersey last week after we ran the story about Roger Hode being charged in the crash that took Chelsea Traynor's life.  Also according to the eye witness "she had the green light and that the truck ran the red light."

When WalkBikeJersey visited the site in December 2010, we looked at the signal timing specifically at how long it took to cross the intersection once the pedestrian signal button was pushed.  With this information it would seem likely that Chelsea took the time to wait until she had the proper signal and the right of way.  This new information makes her death all the more tragic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After waiting over 2 years, it's finally good to know what happened. Chelsea was a kind, sweet and beautiful person. She's missed incredibly.

Andrew J. Besold said...

I'm glad my humble blog could help with some small amount of closure for you. I'd like nothing more than not have to make reports like this on WalkBikeJersey.

Anonymous said...

Chelsea was my best friend and the most important person in my life. this was such a tragedy. She was always so careful. I would give anything to have her back