BTW - I was at the end of that queue of 250 riders shown in the bottom photograph waiting to cross the bridge. We had to wait for of 50 minutes till all the other cyclists labored to push their bikes up the stair ramps.
|John Matheussen in 2010, promising to build the ramp|
Sign this petition to send DRPA's Board a message: HONOR YOUR PROMISES - BUILD THE RAMP!
As we reported in January, funds designated in the 2011 draft budget to design the ramp were eliminated when the DRPA Board decided to delay all projects that did not directly involve public safety. This action was taken despite a public promise by Chief Executive Officer John J. Matheussen at the July 2010 Board meeting that DRPA would build the ramp in 2012.
|The current entrance on the Camden side - inaccessible|
for pedestrians w/disabilities and bicycle unfriendly.
If DRPA does not hear from us, they will think bicyclists and pedestrians with disabilities have forgotten about their promise!
This bald-faced refusal to build the ramp:
- Creates a hole in our regional trail network
- Advertises DRPA's hostility towards bicyclists and pedestrians with disabilities
- Undermines trust in DRPA's promises
Ways you can help:
- Send a message that DRPA should BUILD THE RAMP!
- Attend the DRPA Board of Directors meeting, which will be the only in-person chance for public input on the budget:
Wednesday December 14th
9AM - 10AM
1 Port Center, 11th Floor, Camden, NJ